The Tax Specialist is responsible for the accurate and timely payment of payroll taxes and filing of returns for Full Tax Service clients.
• Remit scheduled payments via EFT or paper to tax authorities in a timely manner.
• Submit required returns to agencies by due dates as assigned by supervisor.
• Accurately input tax rate and/or deposit frequency changes into Encore and MasterTax.
• Research and resolve discrepancy notices issued by tax authority.
• Facilitate packing and delivery of client return copies at quarter end.
• Provide support to Ovation sales and payroll staff regarding tax issues.
• Export payroll data from Encore into MasterTax.
• Correct discrepancies between Encore and MasterTax data (“out of balance clients).
• Prepare and file amended returns resulting from Prior Quarter Adjustments
• Clerical tasks such as logging tax notices, updating client care and tax notice tracking systems, etc.
• Detail orientated, with ability to focus on and comprehend numerical and financial data.
• Customer-service oriented, excellent phone manners required.
• Ability to work under time constraints and meet schedules; at times with unexpected deadlines, to ensure client’s payroll needs are met.
• Ability to multi task – working on tax notices, remitting payments, etc.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• Proficient in Windows PC environment with accurate data entry/keyboarding skills.
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Previous payroll tax experience preferred, with working knowledge of payroll, wage and tax laws and regulations
• Service bureau or multi-state tax experience preferred.
• -Or- an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Please submit your resume and salary requirements to HR@Ovationpayroll if you are interested in this position.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org